EFHS Chess Club

On May 3rd, the EFHS Chess Club participated in a tournament at Dearborn High.  They won six matches, lost five, and tied two. The chess club members are Luke Selwa, Hussein Moussaoui, Helal Algama, and Benjamin Foor. 

For people who want to join the chess club next year, how would you describe the club?  

“Chess club is fun! Chess is a relaxing and unwinding game to play after school with your friends. You should join because this club is a good opportunity for all students to try new hobbies, improve strategy skills and make new friends that enjoy the same activity as you. Chess club is every Wednesday after school until 4:00pm in Mr. Dallas’ room. We encourage more students to join Chess club.”

Chess has become more popular among students in recent years. Why do you think that is?

“It’s because students are learning how to play chess and getting interested. There is an online website called “Play Online Chess Tournaments – Chess.com” with online chess game competitions.”

For someone who has never played chess they would describe it?

“It takes a lot of time, practice, patience, experience, strategy, and dedication to learn how to play chess. Once you learn it’s a really fun competitive game and it makes you think about your decision making skills.”