The Bolt EFHS

The Student News Site of Edsel Ford High School

The Bolt EFHS

The Bolt EFHS

Edsel Ford Charity Week Raises Over $16K

A yearly tradition made its way back to Edsel Ford during the week of February 19th. This year’s Charity Week was filled with themes and events all week long! The $16,303 raised this year went directly to the Zaman Foundation. This foundation helps women and children in need with essential skills and learning opportunities. Many of the school’s clubs joined together to make this possible, including Edsel Ford National Honor Society, Link Crew, Student Council, and many more! Edsel Ford held multiple events that students could participate in, such as movies, paper flower making, painting with Bob Ross, and fun games in the gym each day that students could watch or take part in. In total, the school has raised a significant amount of money for the foundation.

The events started on Wednesday the 21st. Many students participated in the activities mentioned above, but Wednesday also featured the staff versus students volleyball game! It was a fun-filled day with the staff emerging victorious!

On Thursday the 22nd, students had the chance to participate in trivia, painting, friendship bracelet making, and many more events. Thursday also saw the upperclassmen versus underclassmen dodgeball game. With announcers and students cheering everyone on, it was a highly entertaining day.

The final day, Friday the 23rd, culminated in a staff versus students basketball game! During this pep rally, students gathered in the gym to cheer on their team. This Charity Week was filled with numerous events that students participated in and was very successful. The generous donation will go towards a worthy cause that is close to many people’s hearts and will make a considerable difference.

Photo provided by Dylan Charles. 

Donate to The Bolt EFHS

Your donation will support the student journalists of Edsel Ford High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.