The Bolt EFHS

The Student News Site of Edsel Ford High School

The Bolt EFHS

The Bolt EFHS

Un-BOWL-ievable: EFHS Senior Molly Chinery signs with Alma College

On March 15, 2024, Molly Chinery, a senior, celebrated a significant achievement as she signed with Alma College, surrounded by her coach and family at the Edsel Ford High School Library. This event marked a pivotal milestone in Chinery’s bowling journey, symbolizing years of dedication and hard work.

Chinery’s passion for bowling started during her freshman year of high school when she tried getting out of mandatory gym classes. However, her initial intent to escape evolved into a genuine interest and commitment to the sport. Setting her sights on Alma College, she dedicated herself to rigorous training and relentless pursuit of her goal. After years of unwavering determination, Chinery fulfilled her dreams.

Reflecting on her journey, Chinery recalled her proudest moment, which was achieving an impressive score of 199 out of 300 points! As she looks forward to her future at Alma College, she remains focused on continuous improvement and success. Her advice to aspiring bowlers is to always follow your coaches’ guidance and maintain a steady focus on your technique by not looking at the bowling pins. 

As Molly Chinery transitions to this new chapter of her career, we extend our heartfelt wishes for her ongoing success and hope she enjoys this major achievement. GO EDSEL THUNDERBIRDS!

Donate to The Bolt EFHS

Your donation will support the student journalists of Edsel Ford High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.