The Bolt EFHS

The Student News Site of Edsel Ford High School

The Bolt EFHS

The Bolt EFHS

Digital SAT: A Student’s Perspective

On April 16, 2024, juniors at EFHS tried out the new digital SAT for the first time. It had 98 questions covering topics in English and math. Some students liked the changes, such as shorter reading passages and being able to use a calculator for the whole math section. Others weren’t fans and preferred the old paper version. Keep reading to hear what our Thunderbirds had to say about it!

After chatting with many students, it seemed like most of them were fine with the new format. They enjoyed the shorter passages in the reading section and the ability to use calculators in math. Some even thought the second part, where the test adapted to their skills, was pretty neat. But not everyone was on board. Some found the test too challenging, especially since there weren’t many practice tests available. This made it difficult for both students and teachers to get used to the new style.

Like with anything new, it will take time for everyone to adjust. But as time goes on, students and teachers will probably begin to see the benefits of this new way of conducting the SAT. For now, anticipation fills the air as everyone eagerly awaits the release of scores, hopeful for the best outcomes.

Donate to The Bolt EFHS

Your donation will support the student journalists of Edsel Ford High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.