The Bolt EFHS

The Student News Site of Edsel Ford High School

The Bolt EFHS

The Bolt EFHS

UNICEF Club: A New Change At Edsel Ford

UNICEF Club: A New Change At Edsel Ford

Another opportunity for Edsel Ford students has opened once again. Edsel Ford’s newest club UNICEF ( United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund), is an organization that provides humanitarian and development aid for children worldwide. Juniors Nour Aoun, Jena Aoun, Alaa Nasser, and Sophomore Sarah Reda were inspired to start the UNICEF club here at Edsel to make a change and help protect children from obstacles such as poverty, disease, violence and discrimination. 

The UNICEF organization, founded in 1946 has helped roughly 190 countries, has given academic access to over 28 million children, helped 2 billion people have access to clean drinking water and so much more. 

“UNICEF is a great way to volunteer and help raise money for not only kids worldwide but also kids in your own community.” says Secretary Nour Aoun. UNICEF is a great opportunity for students to give back to their community and to give back to others all around the world. 

UNICEF meets 1 to 2 times a month and is regularly hosting fundraisers and other charity events.

If you want to make a change to youth worldwide, then UNICEF is exactly what you are looking for.

Donate to The Bolt EFHS

Your donation will support the student journalists of Edsel Ford High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.